PAS 13 was published by the British Standards Institution (BSI), this independent safety undertaking brought together some of the biggest blue-chip companies in the world, such as Nestlé, Mars, DHL and Jaguar Land Rover.
With recommendations on pedestrian and vehicle segregation, and advice on how to ensure selected barriers have been tested and performance rated, PAS 13 minimises the risk of potential accidents and ensures protection is fit for purpose.
“This code of practice is a valuable guidance tool for any person with a Health & Safety focus, especially where moving vehicles or the protection of personnel, equipment and vital structures is concerned.”
~ Anne Hayes, Head of Market Development for Governance at BSI
TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PROCEDURES
REDUCING THE RISK OF ACCIDENTS
- Improving Crossing Points
- Effective Traffic Management
- Effective Handrail Operation
- The Importance of Impact Heights and Fork Protection
- Accounting for Line of Sight
- Effective Pedestrian Segregation
- Protecting Structures and Equipment
- Utilising Standard Colour Demarcation
STANDARDISING IMPACT RATINGS
- Knowing Your Equipment
- What Makes A Compliant Impact Vehicle
- How Should An Impact Area Be Prepared
- What Does A Full Test Look Like
- Recording and Reporting Results
- Barrier Testing Pass or Fail
PAS 13 Compliant Barrier
- Which Type Of Warehouse Barrier Do I Need?
- Barrier Compliance
- What is PAS 13?
- How Can We Help?
- Warehouse Barrier
- Traffic Barrier
- Steel Traffic Barrier
- Pedestrian Barrier
- Steel Pedestrian Barrier
- Flexible vs. Steel Barrier Comparison
- Flexible Barrier
- Mezzanine Loading Gates
- Expandable Barrier